Would you like to use the data yourself? Obtained from agrochemical analysis of soil? What fertilizers and how much should be applied to your crop?
How to properly prepare a tank mix of selected fertilizers? When a plant needs the most fertilizers?
All these questions are answered by a mineral fertilizer calculator developed in the UHBDP project. You can now more accurately calculate the amount and timing of fertilizer application if c there is a need for them. The calculator will show whether you can mix the fertilizer you have chosen. Choose from your list culture, enter data for your plot and find out if your land needs extra feeding.
Training video on working with a calculator
How to work with calculator?
1. Input data.
- In the Input data section, select a crop from the drop-down list. Next, set the expected yield per hectare.
- Below, we indicate the total area planned for this crop. For needs, the dimension of this area can be easily changed into hectares, acres or square meters.
- In paragraph 2.1, the potential yield is automatically calculated, which it is possible to get on the planned area.
- Next, if you know your soil type, you can choose it drop-down list. This is not a required but desirable option. It is important to specify the depth of sampling, we recommend that it does not exceed 30 cm.
- Next you need to indicate the results of your agrochemical nitrogen study phosphorus and potassium that you received in the laboratory.
- You fill in the last paragraph of this section only if for the last three years you have applied organic fertilizers on the planned area. Select a type from the drop-down list organic fertilizer that is most suitable, and select the nearest time when it is fertilizer was applied. Remember to indicate the amount of fertilizer applied per tonne per hectare. Note that if any cell in the organic fertilizer remains unfilled, the organic fertilizer will not be taken into account in the calculation.
- Go to the Calculations section, where you will see if you need to make a deposit mineral fertilizers. If necessary, select the appropriate fertilizers from the drop-down list. We pay attention to the salt index, the lower it is, the safer the fertilizer for the plant. Some fertilizers do not have of this index, but for calculations it is not important.
- You will then see the need for certain fertilizers on unit of the selected area.
- General calculations for the area specified by you are in the section Results. The recommended doses of mineral fertilizers should be considered as indicative indicators.
4. Mixing rules.
- You will find the rules in the additional recommendations in section four mixing fertilizers with each other. If all fields are yellow or green mixing should be carried out accordingly to the description located in these fields. The red field signals about a ban of mixing of fertilizers between by itself, so it is better to change the fertilizer.
5. Approximate rates of inclusion in fertigation.
- Section 5 automatically calculates the approximate rates of fertilizer application in the appropriate phase of development of vegetable and fruit crops through drip irrigation. In order to to calculate irrigation rates for the entire area, select the appropriate item from the drop-down list. This is useful, if the entire specified area is irrigated through one irrigation system at a time.
- Note that this figure does not work for cereals, legumes or oilseeds.
The calculator is in the testing stage, so all results follow considered as preliminary recommendations, not a final guide to action. Everyone who enjoys it the calculator is independently responsible for all decisions made on the basis of the received data. If is you notice an error, or want to get extended access, write to the project e-mail, indicating in the subject of the letter Fertilizer calculator.